The statistics for underage drinking in western Nebraska are alarming. Attached you will find the most recent Nebraska Risk and Protective Factor Student Survey results. The document is a snapshot of the prevelance of alcohol use among teens and pre-teens in the Panhandle.
- 6% of sixth graders, 9% of eight graders, 26% of sophomores and 36% of seniors surveyed reported having consumed alcohol in the past 30 days.
- 74% of Panhandle high school students have tried alcohol by the time they graduate
- When asked about the location of the last time they drank alcohol, 47% of seniors surveyed said they drank at someone elseâ€™s home without parent or guardians permission.
- 28% of seniors reported to have rode in a vehicle with someone who had been drinking alcohol.
- 24% of Panhandle seniors reported binge drinking (consuming 5 or more drinks in a row) in the past two weeks. (Insert Attachment)
Nebraska risk and protective factor student survey
Nebraska risk and protective factor student survey 2010
Nebraska risk and protective factor student survey 2012
Nebraska risk and protective factor student survey 2014
Young adult survey
College survey (ACHA-NCHA)